Table of Contents
Recipe Created By: Jackie Guzman
This is not your average pumpkin pie! An autumnal and decadent dessert that tastes like fall and will leave you dreaming of your next bite. Kiva’s Ceylon Cinnamon and Raw Manuka Honey are the secret ingredients for a rich pumpkin custard filling while our Cacao Powder helps to make the chocolate crust bursting with flavor. Manuka Honey whipped cream and a dusting of cacao powder tops off the delicious tart.
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp (28g) Kiva cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp (5oz or 140g) butter, cold and diced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Kiva Ceylon Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Kiva Manuka Honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 4 egg yolks
Honey Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Kiva Manuka honey
- 1 tsp Kiva Ceylon Cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients and the butter. Pulse until the butter is coated in the flour mixture and the butter has broken down to small pieces — but be careful not to over mix.
- Next, add the egg yolks, vanilla, and heavy cream and mix in the food processor for about 10 seconds, or until the dough begins to come together.
- Flour your countertop and form the dough into a ball. Flatten into a 4-inch disk, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After the dough has been chilled, flour your countertop again and roll out the dough into a circle, just a little larger than your tart pan.
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan, shaping it with your hands to fit the tart mold. Cut off any excess dough that is above the edges of the mold. Cover the tart dough with parchment paper or foil and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375oF.
- On top of the foil or parchment paper, add baking weights (such as dry beans or rice). Bake for about 25 minutes — the dough is done when the foil or parchment can separate from the crust. Allow it to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon, sugar, honey, milk, and cream. Whisk until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs. Slowly add the hot pumpkin mixture to the eggs. Whisk until smooth, then pour into the prepared crust.
- Place a casserole dish with one inch of water in your oven (this will act as your bain-marie). Place this dish on the bottom rack of your oven. Bake the tart on the middle rack at 325oF until the custard is set, about 30 minutes.
Honey Whipped Cream
- With an electric mixer, whip together the cream and honey until stiff peaks form.
- Decorate your tart by piping the whipped cream on top.
- You can also sprinkle on cinnamon and chocolate powder.
Enjoy this decadent pumpkin pie with a twist, topped with delicious Manuka Honey whipped cream. The combination of Kiva’s Ceylon Cinnamon and Raw Manuka Honey adds a unique and rich flavor to the pumpkin custard filling. The chocolate crust, made with Kiva’s Cacao Powder, adds a burst of flavor that complements the creamy pumpkin custard perfectly.
The crust is made by combining all-purpose flour, cacao powder, granulated sugar, and salt in a food processor. Cold and diced butter is added and pulsed until the butter is coated in the flour mixture and broken down into small pieces. Egg yolks, vanilla extract, and heavy cream are then added and mixed until the dough begins to come together. The dough is then chilled in the fridge for at least 1 hour before being rolled out and placed in a tart pan. After freezing for 30 minutes, the crust is pre-baked until it separates easily from the foil or parchment.
The pumpkin custard filling is made by whisking together pumpkin puree, dark brown sugar, Kiva’s Ceylon Cinnamon, Kiva’s Manuka Honey, milk, and cream in a medium saucepan. The mixture is heated until it begins to bubble, then slowly added to whisked eggs in a separate bowl. The mixture is whisked until smooth, then poured into the pre-baked crust. The tart is then baked in a water bath at 325oF until the custard is set.
To finish off the tart, a honey whipped cream is made by whipping together heavy cream, Kiva’s Manuka Honey, and Kiva’s Ceylon Cinnamon until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream is then piped onto the tart and can be garnished with a sprinkle of cinnamon and chocolate powder.
Indulge in this decadent pumpkin pie with Manuka Honey whipped cream for a dessert that captures the flavors of fall. The combination of the rich pumpkin custard, chocolate crust, and honey whipped cream creates a dessert that is sure to impress.