Table of Contents
- Benefits of Manuka Honey for Dry Skin
- Best Moisturizers and Skin Care Products with Manuka Honey
- 1. Advanced Clinicals Manuka Honey Cream Face Moisturizer & Body Butter Lotion for Dry Skin
- 2. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Creamy Body Lotion
- 3. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm
- 4. Manuka Honey Cream Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- 5. Manuka Honey Moisturizing Cream for Psoriasis Relief
- 6. First Honey Wound-Healing Ointment
- 7. Manukora MGO 50+ Multifloral Raw Manuka Honey New Zealand
- 8. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Shower Body Exfoliator
- 9. Manuka Defense Deep Cleanse Body Wash
- 10. Manuka Defense Healing Balm with New Zealand Manuka & Australian Tea Tree Oil
In the colder months, the dry and cold air can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and irritated. To combat these effects, it’s important to use high-quality moisturizers and skin care products that have intense moisturizing, healing, and protective properties. One such ingredient to look for is manuka honey, which has been proven to have antibacterial, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties. In this article, we will explore the benefits of manuka honey for dry skin and recommend some of the best moisturizers and skin care products that contain this natural ingredient.
Benefits of Manuka Honey for Dry Skin
Research has shown that manuka honey has various beneficial properties that can help improve the condition of dry skin. It has the following benefits:
Antibacterial Properties: Manuka honey has powerful antibacterial properties, which can help destroy harmful bacteria on the skin. This can be particularly beneficial for acne-prone skin, as it can help disinfect clogged pores and prevent further breakouts.
Emollient Properties: Manuka honey acts as an emollient, which means it helps soften and soothe the skin. This can be especially helpful for dry and rough skin, as it provides deep hydration and nourishment.
Anti-inflammatory Properties: Manuka honey has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and redness in the skin. This makes it an effective ingredient for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dandruff.
pH Balancing Properties: Manuka honey helps balance the pH level of the skin, which is important for maintaining healthy skin. This can help prevent acne and other skin issues caused by imbalanced pH levels.
Best Moisturizers and Skin Care Products with Manuka Honey
Now that we know the benefits of manuka honey for dry skin, let’s explore some of the best moisturizers and skin care products that contain this natural ingredient:
1. Advanced Clinicals Manuka Honey Cream Face Moisturizer & Body Butter Lotion for Dry Skin
- Contains manuka honey, collagen, chamomile, aloe vera, and beeswax.
- Nongreasy formula that soothes blemish-prone skin.
- Provides deep moisturization and rejuvenation for the face and body.
2. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Creamy Body Lotion
- Luxurious-feeling body lotion with manuka honey.
- Contains soothing oils and extracts to alleviate redness and irritation.
- Ideal for rough and flaky areas of the skin.
3. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm
- Made with real New Zealand manuka honey.
- Hydrates and cleanses the skin without stripping natural oils.
- Contains sweet almond oil and vitamins E and A for antioxidant benefits.
4. Manuka Honey Cream Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from manuka honey.
- Light and nongreasy formula suitable for oily or combination skin.
- Can be used on the face and body.
5. Manuka Honey Moisturizing Cream for Psoriasis Relief
- Intense moisturizer with manuka honey, coconut oil, and jojoba oil.
- Soothes and calms psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, sunburns, and rashes.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially those with redness and irritation.
6. First Honey Wound-Healing Ointment
- Contains medical-grade manuka honey with a low pH level and high sugar content.
- Aids the healing process and provides a protective barrier from infection.
- Helps minimize scarring.
7. Manukora MGO 50+ Multifloral Raw Manuka Honey New Zealand
- Raw New Zealand manuka honey with over 13,000 positive ratings.
- Rich and creamy caramel-like taste.
- Can aid digestive health thanks to unique antioxidants and bioactive prebiotics.
8. Naturopathica Manuka Honey Shower Body Exfoliator
- Body exfoliator with fruit enzymes and alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
- Speeds up exfoliation and reduces irritation.
- Contains soothing botanical extracts to calm redness and protect the skin.
9. Manuka Defense Deep Cleanse Body Wash
- Body wash with tea tree and manuka honey.
- Soothes athlete’s foot, ringworm, jock itch, and other skin irritations.
- Safe for sensitive skin and replenishes moisture.
10. Manuka Defense Healing Balm with New Zealand Manuka & Australian Tea Tree Oil
- Healing balm for dry and itchy skin.
- Contains manuka honey, eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree, and peppermint essential oils.
- Naturally soothes and relieves skin discomfort.
Manuka honey is a natural skin care ingredient with healing properties that can benefit dry skin. It has antibacterial, emollient, anti-inflammatory, and pH balancing properties that help moisturize, nourish, and protect the skin. By using moisturizers and skin care products that contain manuka honey, you can restore and rejuvenate your skin, especially during the colder months. Consider trying some of the recommended products mentioned in this article to experience the benefits of manuka honey for dry skin.
*Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.